Since our inception in 2000 we have invested in over 100 companies in B2B SaaS, enterprise software, fintech, digital media, medtech, biotech, ag and food tech, and consumer products.
If your company aligns with our early-stage and industry focus and you are looking to raise between $50k and $3 Million, then the Sacramento Angels might be a fit for you. Although we may not take your entire investment round, we have extensive relationships through the Insync Angel Network and beyond to help you achieve your funding needs. We can lead a deal or follow another lead investor.
What We Look For
Successful startup applicants are able to demonstrate:
- Growing market/business opportunity with a potential of generating $50M to $100M in annual revenues over first 3-5 years
- Compelling value proposition with a well-articulated strategy for capturing and defending a significant market share
- Competitive advantage based on proprietary technology (IP), unique marketable solution, or business deals/leadership
- Strong founding leadership with key management positions in place (not necessarily a complete team) with a relevant and successful track record
- Tangible market traction and/or market validation with customer and/or partner references
- Well defined capital needs sufficient to accomplish significant milestones to attract the next level of funding
- Clear vision for an exit strategy for investors
Although we prefer a Northern California location (or close by regions of adjacent states), we will consider any startup company based on how well they meet our investment criteria.
How We Work
How to Apply for Funding
Tips for a successful application:
- Review our investment criteria and make sure the information you provide with your application fully addresses the key areas we are looking for.
- It’s important to include financial highlights – trailing twelve months and projections.
- Be sure to indicate the current status of your raise, prior money raised, your expectations on deal terms, and any other relevant deal info.
- Consider sharing your business in advance of your actual raise by informally networking with our members and group. We enjoy getting to know emerging companies and their founders in our area.
- Be sure to check the due dates for applications. In 2024: Jan 9, Feb 20, Apr 9, Jun 4, Jul 16, Sep 3, and Oct 15.