Our members have a passion for supporting entrepreneurship while supporting their investment goals and have invested in well over 100 companies since our founding in 2000.
Who We Are
Our membership is comprised of:
- Entrepreneurs who have founded and grown companies to exits
- Operating executives from tech/non-tech companies
- Business leaders from our region, including representatives from local VC firms, Financiers, Law Firm partners, and Service Organizations
Our members are unified in their passion to help build our local economy, actively assist our invested companies, earn positive returns with their investments, and establish meaningful connections with their peers and in the startup ecosystem.
Whether your goal is to enhance your portfolio return, build your investing skills, leverage broad and deep expertise in a variety of domains, or help support local economic development, consider these benefits:
- Learn about Angel Investing from other members who have many deals and years of experience
- Work with a set of tried and proven processes to select and invest in companies
- Get access to a qualified pipeline of deals to consider for your portfolio
- Benefit from shared efforts on screening companies and doing due diligence tasks
- Expand your investment horizons by leveraging the deep expertise of our group across a broad set of markets & technologies
- Enjoy networking with a broad set of top professionals in a collegiate atmosphere
How We Invest
Sacramento Angel members make their own individual decisions about whether to invest and how much in any particular startup. Members can invest either through our Sacramento Angel LLC or as an individual direct investor.
How We Work
Inquire About Membership
We welcome inquiries from people interested in joining us. Membership in the Sacramento Angels is only available to individuals and entities that qualify as Accredited Investors under SEC rules, Section 501 (D).
Ideal prospective members share one or more of the following characteristics:
- A track record in managing and building successful companies either as an entrepreneur or operating executive.
- Familiarity or experience with angel investing, leading due diligence, structuring investments, and coaching entrepreneurs.
- A peer network of domain expertise and related skills.
- Connections for subsequent funding, talent, and technology.
Key expectations from members are:
- A willingness to dedicate time and effort to participate in selecting companies, executing due diligence, leading deals, and/or mentoring our companies.
- Regular participation in our investor meetings (7 per year).
- Investment in a minimum of two deals over a two-year period
- Members are expected to abide by the Sacramento Angels Code of Conduct and serve at the pleasure of the Board. Noncompliance can result in membership being revoked